The Furniture Bank Association of North America (FBANA) exists to support existing furniture banks as they pursue their missions and to support and encourage new furniture banks as they get started in their communities. There are nearly 80 known furniture banks in the U.S. and Canada, the majority of whom are FBANA members, and collectively we share best practices, explore new possibilities in pursuing our missions and strive to maintain strong standards and reputations in our communities.
The Association is guided by a volunteer Leadership Team, comprised of 6-10 members who are management team members in their own furniture bank organizations. Together, they work to make “best practice” reference materials available to members via the website library, plan a two-day semi-annual Conference that is hosted by a Leadership Team member’s organization, and stay in touch and contact with 8-12 furniture bank organizations in their region.
This website’s “Library of Resources” contains a wide variety of materials, such as:
- Requirements for starting a Not-For-Profit organization, and things to also consider
- How to start a Furniture Bank operation
- Serving families – best practices and recommendations
- Furniture donations – options, best practices, and recommendations
- Telling your story – many examples of what has worked for others
- How to fundraise – best practices and lessons learned by others
- PDF copies of all the powerpoint presentations from the April 2013 Furniture Banks Conference
- Digital FBANA logo files, in several formats, for use on your website and other communication pieces
- … and many more invaluable resources.